Do you listen to 104.2 – Cairo’s Nile FM?
Not in Cairo? Ever tried to listen to it via satellite, or even via the internet on www.nilefmonline.com?
Ladies and Gents,
Nile FM is proud to announce that they are now on a Kamikaze mission. Yes sir. They have hired the “most” annoying voice in Cairo. The one and only Mr. Khaled Matar.
I first heard Khalad Matar on the “So you think you can Nile” show, when he was up against Yara Gendy. From that moment, he was awful and thank goodness that Yara won the competition.
But for some reason, some of the RJs had to go on vacation, and Nile FM could not find anybody more annoying than Mr. Matar to come and take their places.
He started off with the Nile on Demand, which was a show that I never liked, but could tune to and just listen to it on my long drives from one meeting to the other, but now it’s a disaster on Air. It also seems that he will replace Zach from the evening session. So now you get 2 for the price of one.
1. You get your half day ruined for a full 3 hours with Nile on Demand
2. It’s not enough that we had to puke half way after lunch, now you should also get nightmares if you tune to Nile FM for the evening session.
So what’s so annoying about Mr. Matar.
1. He has a freaking fake accent, that even Abdo the door keeper could spot it out.
2. The “Yaaaaay” he says during each and every request or some stupid SMS he reads is so Gay!
3. The dude is a Britney Spears fan.
4. Insider information from nile FM. He has a Beyoncé ring tone on his phone – that’s just sweet.
5. Why the f*** should he mention his freaking annoying name a zillion times in an ad.
Let’s take today for example, he was asking the “Capital Question” – What the f*** you did for the weekend? – Now how lame is that? But it just gets lamer.
Another loser SMSed that He/She will go to Paris tonight. Mr. Matar with his “Yaaaaaaay” again added.
Paris is a beautiful country
A beautiful country. I think we should not really judge him that bad, and be thankful that he did not think that she will be going to Paris Hilton.
Nile on Demand is sponsored by Beano’s café, where they give out a prize of Coffee for 2 for 3 people (I’ll leave you to do the math) every day.
Mr. Matar got so popular now as well that he has even got his own Facebook fan Group, that can be found here.
I sincerely hope that the Nile FM management gets back to their senses and find a solution fast. Listening to Khaled Matar is an experience that might lead to car accidents, seizures, nervous breakdowns, gastronomic disrturbances (although farts and burps sound better), nightmares and the list goes on.
It took some time to hear less of Alisson Esprit, but with Khaled Matar on Air, I praise the days when Alisson was around!